Include products updated are similar or are same of quality
Laura Berk, renowned professor and researcher, presents the latest theories and findings in the field to students in a manageable and relevant way. Berk’s signature storytelling style invites students to actively learn beside the text’s “characters,” who experience real issues in development, including physical, cognitive, and peer challenges, as well as parenting and educational concerns. Berk also helps students connect their learning to their personal and professional areas of interest. Her voice comes through when speaking directly about issues students will face in their future pursuits as parents, educators, heath care providers, social workers, and researchers. As members of a global and diverse human community, students are called on to intelligently approach the responsibility of understanding and responding to the needs and concerns of children.
Developed in association with the Ministry of Education.
Teach Social Studies with an updated second edition written by a team of experienced Bahamian teachers and educators, retaining the popular style and approach of the first edition with the addition of some great new features.
– Help students develop their reading and writing skills
– Capture the readers imagination with engaging, full-colour illustrations by Caribbean artists, and cover information in a more accessible way with clearly laid out pages.
– Encourage independent learning with a great variety of stimulating texts.
– Cover curriculum fully with the inclusion of new themes that have become part of the cultural and social awareness over recent years.
– Ensure success and enjoyment while learning with a lively, activity-based approach.
– Support learning and help develop new vocabulary with a key word glossary.
Feel confident in full coverage of the curriculum requirements with an atlas specially created to cover Social Studies, Geography, and History. – Encourage awareness of the whole Caribbean region with a 44-page Caribbean section, containing detailed maps of all independent countries and major dependent territories from The Bahamas to Trinidad, and including Belize and Guyana.- Engage students in topical issues with a world mapping section, including features on world climate, the environment, and population. – Introduce a solid foundation in geographical knowledge with world facts and figures for all nations.- Secure strong geographical skills with a feature on map reading and how to use an atlas.- Ensure ease-of-use with a 4-page index showing letter-figure grid references to place names found on the maps.