Health & Wellness, Twelfth Edition covers many facets of personal health, including physical, emotional, mental, social, environmental, and spritual perspectives. Written in a personal and engaging style, the Twelfth Edition encourages students to make the right health choices and gives them the tools and information they need to improve their health habits.
– Updated Health in Review sections, at the end of each chapter, highlight key points and emphasize the essential health message in each chapter.
– New coverage of the Afforable Care Act (ACA) in chapter one and a more detailed discussion in Chapter 19.
– Includes expanded coverage of the predicted health effects of climate change.
– Provides an expanded discussion of spirituality and health.
– New coverage on: e-cigarettes, changes in marijuana laws, and the right to marriage for gay couples.
– New Self-Evaluation Exercises added to the end of each chapter ask students to look their own health and fitness lifestyle.
An indispensable book for both student and practicing clinicians, as well as for lawyers who want a better understanding of this interesting and ever-changing field, The Essentials of Florida Mental Health Law explains in a straightforward and user-friendly manner the laws most relevant to mental health practice in Florida.
Both the format and content of this book are designed to remove the mystery and anxiety that many clinicians associate with lawyers, courts, and judges. As the authors state in their introduction, ‘At the heart of this book is our belief that good patient care and knowledge of the law go hand in hand.
. . . Far from restricting or inhibiting clinical practice, knowing the essentials of Florida mental health law will free treaters from much undue – and unwarranted – anxiety about their legal rights and duties. . . . Such freedom will allow clinicians to concentrate on what they do best and enjoy most – treat patients.
The workbook, updated to reflect the eight edition text, contains perforated, performance-based assignment and evaluation sheets. The assignment sheets help students review what they have learned. The evaluation sheets provide criteria or standards for judging student performance for each procedure in the text.