This three-book course provides a firm foundation in Home Economics to all lower secondary school students, particularly those going on to study Home Economics for CXC examinations.
The course meets the needs of students following Resource and Technology courses in Home and Family Management. In addition, it offers numerous opportunities for design skills development in the areas of Food preparation and Clothing and Textiles.
This fully revised edition contains:
– colourful illustrations and clear information presented in a reader- friendly style
– objectives at the start of each topic to aid students’ preparation
– up-to-date examples emphasising the benefits of new technology
– lively activities to develop students’ skills in critical thinking and problem solving
– a summary section at the end of each chapter to consolidate learning
– a comprehensive revision section at the end of Book 3 designed to cater for all abilities
– a glossary of key terms so that students can check their understanding of new words
– useful new appendices covering types of glassware, fashion silhouettes and recommended dietary allowances.
STATISTICS FOR BUSINESS AND ECONOMICS brings together more than twenty-five years of author experience, sound statistical methodology, a proven problem-scenario approach, and meaningful applications to demonstrate how statistical information. Discover how the most trusted approach to statistics today is Simply Powerful with the latest market-leading text from respected authors Anderson/Sweeney/Williams.
THE OFFICE is a comprehensive text for courses in the high school office technology curriculum. The course name can be Office Procedures, Administrative Procedures, Business and Computer Technology, etc. The target market is high school student preparing for entry-level position in an office setting. The text focuses on the necessary skills that range from using email and the Internet to the use of integrated application and office suites. It covers the soft skills including customer satisfaction ethics, and telephone manners along with information systems and the global marketplace.